Actually, I’m starting a new series called “Honest Reviews” of smartphones. Here, I will give my best and totally honest review about the flagships out there. Meanwhile, I can be sarcastic too.
If you’re new to my blog, share this post or my blog. It will help me getting ideas about my audiences.
Today, we’ll be doing an honest review on the latest flagship by Samsung that is S8. It’s been a long time since its arrival in the market. However, Samsung claims that they sold about 5 Million devices in the first month itself. S8 is indeed a hit.
Some facts about latest Samsung S8:
- It is one of the expensive phone to produce. IHS Markit states that S8 costs a total of $307.5 to produce per unit while the S7 costs only a mere $250 per unit.
- Let alone the features of this phone, but the display on it attracts the buyer way more than any other feature.
- Samsung was about to innovate it’s fingerprint sensor beneath the screen but Synaptics failed to produce it before the Samsung Assembly line.
- S8 fingerprint sensor placement made user to think before buying it. It is reported that while placing the finger on sensor makes the camera lens smudge. In a while of its official release, there was a trending topic on it’s fingerprint sensor placement.
- It boasts a 5.8″ super AMOLED display. It is indeed gorgeous with 1440×2960 of resolution.
- It got one of the fastest and latest CPU from Snapdragon which is Snapdragon 835. Unfortunately, it comes only with Chinese and USA models only.
- 3D Touch Home button and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection made it strong enough to hold some falls here and there.
- 12MP rear camera and 8MP front with the least aperture of 1.7 giving the best low-light shots. It also have an ability of 9MP image recording.
- Iris Scanner made it more secure alongside with fingerprint. Now keep your device even more secure with your eyes.
- 3000mAH of battery capacity which is good but not great for that huge and gorgeous display. Anyway, who cares? It got a fast charging 2.0 supported.
- The only thing bothers me is the device size, it is huge at 5.8″. I really can’t look at the pair of jeans in my favorite brand which can hold my S8. It’s was down for many users like me.
- The another thing is the device is too slippery in hand without any case. I personally don’t like cases.
- S8 has became a dream for many users when they reveal the prices. It is just overpriced.
- The speakers on it are average. It should have been better.
I’m Emad, founder of Emad’s Blog.
I Study. I Write. I Wanderlust. I believe that there’s always room to improve whether you think you’re an expert or extraordinary. Do you relate to it? If yes, follow me for amazing stories and content ahead.